Saturday, August 3, 2013

Top Gear drives the Jaguar C-X75

Before Jaguar put its 220mph, hybrid C-X75 hypercar on ice, TG got a drive…


Jaquar CX-75[gallery ids="2028,2029,2030"]


Thinking about it afterwards, another 2mph would have been nice. Because 2mph would have taken me to 186, which keen students of unit conversion will recognise as a nice round 300kph. The car certainly isn't the limiting factor, its big digital speedo's digits scrolling hungrily and dizzily away towards the maximum of about 220. But right now, 184mph looks like a big enough number to me. My mind is on matters other than arithmetic: it's streaming with rain, a corner is approaching - fast - and I'm driving a car that's precious and irreplaceable... albeit, I'm thinking, not as precious as my passenger and me. Time to get on the brakes.


Words: Paul Horrell
Photography: Lee Brimble
More photos: [http://www.topgear.com]


This feature was originally published in the July 2013 issue of Top Gear magazine

Source: [topgear.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment